PDA

View Full Version : 1802 DRAPED BUST LC & ANOTHER MUTTONHEAD CT COPPER

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Decided to head back up to the new cellar hole i found yesterday. targets are almost nill at this site.hardly any iron.I kicked branches and rolled rotted downed trees today working slow and digging anything and everything.
no buttons at all.managed 2 more coppers.one is a 1802 draped bust large cent and the other based on the design of reverse can only be a 1787 Connecticut copper muttonhead variety.
Never dug a muttonhead in my life and now have 2 in the last month or so :confused: seems for me stuff happens like this. wondering if this happens to others? same type coinage in spurts?
66 coppers on the year this makes.

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-03-2012, 05:31 PM
3 more pics

aloldstuff
09-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Dave, yes things like that happen to me also. You and your coppers, me and my militia items. Why do you think that the site is void targets? Congrats on getting yourself 2 more coppers.

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Dave, yes things like that happen to me also. You and your coppers, me and my militia items. Why do you think that the site is void targets? Congrats on getting yourself 2 more coppers.

i'm not sure.either hit pretty hard many years ago or these people didnt lose much :dontknow:

del
09-03-2012, 07:21 PM
congrats on another Mutton Head variety Dave , 66 coppers is an incredible number this time of year. :perfect10:

OxShoeDrew
09-03-2012, 07:41 PM
It is always a shock when you're hunting a field with little or no metal and out of nowhere a copper shows up. I'd love to see what a heart monitor does when we hit a coin signal at 6in at an old site. Although its probably hohum for you :) you just throw the CT coppers in the CT bin, the fugios in their bin..... two bins for colonial silvers lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-03-2012, 08:06 PM
congrats on another Mutton Head variety Dave , 66 coppers is an incredible number this time of year. :perfect10:

thanks Dan! do i get my crown this year? <} i didn't get one last year :crying02: just kidding man.so blessed to have another good year.somebody upstairs must like me :angelic:

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-03-2012, 09:32 PM
It is always a shock when you're hunting a field with little or no metal and out of nowhere a copper shows up. I'd love to see what a heart monitor does when we hit a coin signal at 6in at an old site. Although its probably hohum for you :) you just throw the CT coppers in the CT bin, the fugios in their bin..... two bins for colonial silvers lol

no it's never ho hum.my heart races everytime