PDA

View Full Version : CIVIL WAR STORE CARD

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Got out to a homestead site I had found researching.it's on Church property and talked to the nun 2 weeks ago about detecting it.Yesterday she called and said it was fine to give it a shot.I was anxious heading up to it because it's not very visible and no foundation.just a depression in the ground with loads of Myrtle (the myrtle is not shown in these photos)around it and broken bottles,clam/oyster shells and china all over.
I think somebody beat me to this spot as the only coins i got were 2 wheaties & a civil war store card token.Itt's so overgrown with a lot of modern trash/burnt coal which made it a frustrating day diggin.
found a kids porcelin dollhouse tea cup,a intact bottle.maybe olive jar? an escutcheon plate which has makers initials stamped in.i dig alot of these and this is the 1st i ever saw initials stamped into back of plate :confused: a very old horse pommel and a broken toy soldier.wasn't a bad day but not the finds I expected to pull from a site like this.
**THE LAST PIC OF OLD CROCK STYLE ALE BOTTLES WAS FROM THURS HUNT WITH GARY**
WHAT A SHAME THEY WERE ALL BUSTED.SOME NICE COLONIAL BOTTLES RIGHT THERE!

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-11-2012, 07:57 PM
MORE PICS

del
08-11-2012, 08:17 PM
dude :wow: did you grab any of the clay beer bottles :huh: were there any not broken?? the escutcheon has some nice hand tooled engraving and my first seen with intials :smitten: well done on the store card token |:cheering: |:cheering:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-11-2012, 08:23 PM
dude :wow: did you grab any of the clay beer bottles :huh: were there any not broken?? the escutcheon has some nice hand tooled engraving and my first seen with intials :smitten: well done on the store card token |:cheering: |:cheering:

I WISH THERE WAS WHOLE ONES! all broken some half broken and looked intact until ya picked it up :crying02: i tried to play puzzle with that pile to see if i could build one and glue it but nope >{
yeah weird on that plate huh? i never seen makers intials stamped in like that either :confused:

milco
08-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Great finds and cool pic's Dave! Those clay bottles are awesome, too bad there were non intact. Congrats on the Civil War token!

aloldstuff
08-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Dave, :congrats: on the Civil War store card. What a crying shame, all those crock bottles broken. Any chance of some buried??

Toadman
08-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Great day out !! What's a store card..?

Toadman
08-13-2012, 05:09 PM
Nevermind......

Fire Fighter 43
08-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Cool find, I love those CW store cards, WTG |:cheering:

OxShoeDrew
08-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Very nice Dave, hey what is the 5B thing?....I find a lot of those things.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-16-2012, 06:39 PM

58 those clipped on the old liscense plates before our time.remember the yearly stickers ya used to put on your marker plates on cars? well these pre-date the stickers

del
08-16-2012, 06:57 PM

and here i thought Dave was just giving you his apartment number Drew lol lol

buck57
08-17-2012, 11:43 AM
Very nice variety of finds there Dave. :congrats: What is a Civil War Store Card ::huh:: Looks pretty cool. Great job, thumbsup01

serega
08-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Super - congratulations