PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Gold

starman2
07-18-2012, 07:44 PM
:waving: Well, I'm back from the birthday party. :happy: Couldn't wait to get out this morning! :twirlingeyes:! Hit the park about 6:00 am. Dodging a few intermittent rain showers. Finally, some rain thumbsup01! Thought I would concentrate on a few lower signals. Hoping for something yellow. crying01 But alas. Not in the stars today! I Hunted for the better part of 3.5 hours. Ended up locating 8 Nickles. 2 of which were 1925 Buffalos. Both the same date 8/! Also found 3 Wheaties, a couple of clad dimes, and some Memorials. I found a small compact case cover. With Princess Pat on it. Thought I would looked it up. Just for the heck of it. Turns out this is a 1940's Rouge case. Unfortunately, I just found the top. The bottom was no where to be found. Towards the end of the hunt. With no yellow, or shiny metal. I thought I was about done. When out of the blue. Came a subtle but sweet sound. Close to a large tree. I started to dig. And just as I thought \:[. Roots :hairpulling:. I cut away at them with the lesche. And kept probing the hole. Finally extracting enough dirt from around the roots. I saw what I was hoping for. A nice shiny Dime! <:! A 1923 Merc. All and all it was a fun hunt. And it was good to be back at the detector! Thanks for lookin! :waving: HH!

CODY
07-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Great finds. Congrats. I found this one about two weeks ago. All in one piece. Only dirt inside.

starman2
07-18-2012, 10:45 PM
Great finds. Congrats. I found this one about two weeks ago. All in one piece. Only dirt inside.
Thats cool Cody! Thanks for sharin! :peace:

aloldstuff
07-19-2012, 06:57 AM
After cutting roots it sure is nice to be rewarded with some silver. Not to shabby getting 2 buffs also. Seems like the Princess Pat was a popular item in the day.

RaZR
07-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Sweet silver merc under the roots. :loveit:
And those buffs are nice too! I've found only 2 V nickels and both are 1901. lol
I find if you soak the buffs in soy sauce for an hour or two then tumble with stainless shot they come out looking pretty good. Nice digs Starman!

Celluforce
07-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Nice Mercury dime! :yes:

Are those Leshe may be used as a chainsaw? lol

:congrats: on your hunt!

Daniel <;)

Fire Fighter 43
07-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Congrats on the silver and Buff's WTG |:cheering: