PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Picnic Grove hunt with Jkress Big Silver Spill !!

Ill Digger
11-21-2011, 01:14 AM
First off I gotta thank Joe (Jkress) for the invite to come over to Iowa to hunt his picnic grove! |:confused:)
Crossing the mighty Mississippi River!!
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_1215.jpg

Joe had a few early morning commitments so we met up at noon and headed over to the picnic grove to hunt till dark. It was pretty challenging since the grass is pretty tall.
But we managed a few good finds :yes: thumbsup01
I got a screaming signal not far from the road. Reading like a chunk of a soda can or aluminum siding or something like that.
So I stuck my shovel in the ground flipped back the dirt and seen two BIG silver edges! :shocked01: :shocked03:
I yelled for Joe to come over and watch and help film as I recovered the coins from the hole. ;)

Here we go!...... :->
Iowa Picinic Grove Hunt with Jkress (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og9jN8wbok8&feature=channel_video_title#)

Heres a shot of everything fresh out of the dirt. :smitten:
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_1218.jpg

Here's another. I also found another smooth date buff and a 1941 nickle (Not pictured) :dontknow: lol
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_1220.jpg

He has worked so hard, and been very patient to obtain permission for this potentially virgin picnic grove. :envious: |:confused:)
Again we would like to thank Joe for the awesome opportunity! |:confused:) :beerbuddy:
Hope to do it again sometime! thumbsup01

Thanks for lookin' & HH everyone! :groovy:

Shipwreck
11-21-2011, 01:32 AM
:clapping: WtG thumbsup01

jkress
11-21-2011, 01:50 AM
Tim... my pleasure. :) Definitely nice to hunt with the two of you again.

It was exciting to see those two big edges still stuck in the hole when you called me over. :happydance01: At one point I thought you had a dollar coin in there. I talked to Ron tonight after I got back... he said his buddy mentioned, There was always a poker game going on under that big tree every Sunday in the 40's. :drool: We need to bring a grass mower next time. :yes:

1, 2 and now a third big silver spill. It's gone past luck Tim, you are hearing something on the multi-coin targets that many of us are not. :yes: :clapping:

I'm glad you and Ted found some keepers for your trek over here. thumbsup01 A big congrats to you on the beauties.

Until next time. :beerbuddy:

randy
11-21-2011, 05:49 AM
Sweet digs :omg: Sounds like a real honeyhole.

Tony Two-Cent
11-21-2011, 07:00 AM
Captain Coinspill does it again! Where does he get his super-powers? :dontknow:

Great video, very fun to watch! So cool to see the two Walkers stuck together! I am happy for you, Tim! That had to be a blast!

That site holds a ton of potential for sure. It could be a massive honey hole.

Congrats on your amazing streak, Tim! |:confused:)

del
11-21-2011, 07:13 AM
:wow: if i was Joe there would be no more invites for you Tim :poke: :tongue: lol lol
great coin spill my friend |:confused:) |:confused:)

CODY
11-21-2011, 07:48 AM
WOW, Great finds and great video! Congrats.

milco
11-21-2011, 08:19 AM
I think the Captain Coin Spill thing is going to stick Tim! Congrats on a bigtime coin spill, again! That was nice of Joe to invite you guys out, and you sure do put on the miles to get to those sites, WTG!!

CyberSage
11-21-2011, 08:21 AM
Captain Coinspill does it again! Where does he get his super-powers? :dontknow:

Tim, I think you have a new nickname. rofl Very impressive dig!

Viking
11-21-2011, 08:40 AM
Wow, a dream find! I'm sure that signal was all kinds of wonky, but it was a good thing that you dug it! :perfect10:

MinelabIowa
11-21-2011, 10:14 AM
I bet you guys can't wait until spring. Once the long grass is down you should find alot more coins and goodies. Congrats on your coin spill!!

dave in iowa
11-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Great finds , wish i coulda joined you guys , rock and roll kept me up late , (4:00 in the morning ). next time ....

aloldstuff
11-21-2011, 12:04 PM
What a great coin spill. Usually its not the big silver found in those spills. HUge congrats to you.

skribnod
11-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Awesome find Tim |:cheering:. I am still looking for that elusive walker this year and you managed two in one hole. I am so :envious:. Congrats!

RaZR
11-21-2011, 05:56 PM
Great job Joe for being nice enough to give the invite to your fantastic hunting area.
And great job Tim (aka C.C.S.) for swinging your coil over that spot so we got to see the fine video of that spill. Your arms gotta be tired from all the <: :happydance01: happydance02 you've been doing this year.
CONGRATS on a great hunt with good friends!

GL/HH

tanacat
11-22-2011, 08:18 AM
:omg: :wow: :omg: :wow: :omg:

:clapping: Fantastic coinspill Tim!!!

Epi-hunter
11-22-2011, 04:06 PM
What is it with you and all the coin spills? |:confused:) :clapping: :peace:

Very nice Tim!!! :perfect10:

Oh, and love that first photo crossing the river. Have crossed that bridge many times!

pulltabsteve
11-22-2011, 07:37 PM
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!! Nice spill recovery Tim :perfect10: :clapping:

angellionel
11-23-2011, 12:07 AM
Excellent, Tim! :clapping: That is the type of find that will have you dreaming for days. lol Very nicely done. thumbsup01

Ill Digger
11-24-2011, 01:52 AM
:clapping: WtG thumbsup01

At one point I thought you had a dollar coin in there.
I know! When you said that I was like Well!...he should know! lol
You thought it was a dolloar and a half. I thought it was a half and a quarter. :rolleyes: 8/ We were both wrong! lol
Thanks again! |:confused:)

Sweet digs :omg: Sounds like a real honeyhole.
Thanks Randy! It sure does! :yes: :drool:

Captain Coinspill does it again!
<}

Great video, very fun to watch! So cool to see the two Walkers stuck together!
Joe did a great job of filming!
I'm even getting requests from YouTube viewers to Tell him Good job filming

:wow: if i was Joe there would be no more invites for you Tim :poke: :tongue: lol lol
\:[ I know :yes: crying01 I'm preparing myself for it :crying02: lol

WOW, Great finds and great video! Congrats.
Thanks Cody! :beerbuddy:

I think the Captain Coin Spill thing is going to stick Tim! Congrats on a bigtime coin spill, again!
8/ Oh no!
Believe me it's just luck.... everyone steps into something sometimes. :yes:
Some are just better than others. lol Believe me I've stepped in worst more often than good. 8/ lol

and you sure do put on the miles to get to those sites, WTG!!
Yeah it's about 100 miles up by you guys and it was just under 130 to go see Joe lol

Tim, I think you have a new nickname. rofl Very impressive dig!
8/ Not you too! lol
:yes: It's getting kinda .....sticky lol
Thanks Jack! :beerbuddy:

I'm sure that signal was all kinds of wonky, but it was a good thing that you dug it! :perfect10:

Oh yeah! It was! It was all over the place! It sounded like I just dialed up a fax machine! :confused: lol

I bet you guys can't wait until spring. Once the long grass is down you should find alot more coins and goodies. Congrats on your coin spill!!
Thanks! If I'm ever invited back............the shorter grass should make for some fun times! lol <:

Great finds , wish i coulda joined you guys , rock and roll kept me up late , (4:00 in the morning ). next time ....
Ah yeah! The life of a rock star! :peace:
One of these times it'll happen thumbsup01

HUge congrats to you.
Thanks Al! thumbsup01

Awesome find Tim |:cheering:. I am still looking for that elusive walker this year and you managed two in one hole. I am so :envious:. Congrats!
Thanks! I'm just as stunned as you are! :yes: lol
It's like my buddy Ted always says. You never know what that next BING will be. :yes: :drool: :daydream:

And great job Tim (aka C.C.S.) for swinging your coil over that spot so we got to see the fine video of that spill. Your arms gotta be tired from all the <: :happydance01: happydance02 you've been doing this year.
CONGRATS on a great hunt with good friends!
lol They ain't that tired yet! \:hammer:
Believe me! I'm glad we were able to bring it to you ! :yes:

:clapping: Fantastic coinspill Tim!!!
Thanks Tawna! :beerbuddy:

What is it with you and all the coin spills? |:confused:) :clapping: :peace:

Very nice Tim!!! :perfect10:
8/ I don't know! But I ain't complainin' either! \:hammer: lol :happydance01:

Oh, and love that first photo crossing the river. Have crossed that bridge many times!
I thought you might like that one. ;) :yes: I was thinking about you when I took it :yes:

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!! Nice spill recovery Tim :perfect10: :clapping:
Thanks Steve! :cool:

Excellent, Tim! :clapping: That is the type of find that will have you dreaming for days. lol Very nicely done. thumbsup01
Oh yeah it does! :yes: I'll probably put them away sometime this week. I'm not done staring at them yet! lol

Thanks for all the great comments and congrats everyone! :embarrassed: |:confused:)
Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone as well! :beerbuddy:

Fire Fighter 43
11-24-2011, 08:03 AM
Now that is exciting!!!! The king of the coin spills strikes again, WTG Timmy.