PDA

View Full Version : One amazing yard

Noah
10-04-2020, 03:26 PM
We’ve always said it only takes one good yard. Of course Don & company took the best coins. At least I got seated.

1st yard all I got was this sterling whatchamacallit with a date I can only assume is 1899.

Last yard as it was raining I did get a Merc.

Has anyone ever seen this token?

Digger_O'Dell
10-04-2020, 04:12 PM
Nice finds for sure! Proctor and Gamble free soap token is cool too. Found similar in the past from other companies.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Tony Two-Cent
10-05-2020, 09:37 AM
Considering what you and Don both found there it was an amazing yard! :yes:

Congrats on the awesome seated dime! It's in great shape too. It's uncommon to find coins from the 1870s or older here in Illinois.

I really like the silver clip thingy with the date on it too. Very cool!

:congrats:

Full Metal Digger
10-05-2020, 10:28 AM
I swear Noah, you find way more seated coins than I ever did and yours are always in way better shape too! What are you going to do when I get back? Don is going to have to break up with you because I'm not sharing him! LOL

OxShoeDrew
10-06-2020, 08:09 AM
Great, Noah! I once found something very similar to your silver thingy...and was told it was a glove clip. I'll try to dig mine out. Yours is so special bc of the date! Congrats!

Noah
10-07-2020, 07:33 AM
I swear Noah, you find way more seated coins than I ever did and yours are always in way better shape too! What are you going to do when I get back? Don is going to have to break up with you because I'm not sharing him! LOL
Honestly Don is the one that finds the seated but that’s only because I give him the “good side” of the yard. And really it’s because Alex does the research. Don’t move back here before I get a chance to visit you and find myself a 2000 year old coin held by Christ!

Noah
10-07-2020, 07:36 AM
Great, Noah! I once found something very similar to your silver thingy...and was told it was a glove clip. I'll try to dig mine out. Yours is so special bc of the date! Congrats! Glove clip? I never would’ve thought of that but you’re probably right. That’s back in the day when women wore white gloves. Cool!

Bucknut
10-07-2020, 09:52 AM
Yes... 1 yard or 1 good signal can make a hunt! That is a sweet seated dime! great job.