PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Hunt With Hiluxyota / Big Silver Bucket Lister

Digger Don
11-01-2015, 09:57 PM
Sunday morning I met up with Hiluxyota for another hunt. We started out at a park first thing in the morning. It was a bust, just some clad. While we drove around a little checking out the town, we saw a guy out doing some work on his house. It was a small yard but it was still a little early to start door knocking so we gave it a try. He said yes, go ahead. About 15 minutes into the hunt, I got 12-48 at the base of his new fence. There at the bottom of my hole I see a large Silver rim. I pulled out my first ever Franklin Half, a 1952. Great way to start my day!!

The second house we tried produced nothing so we went across the street and got a yes at an older home. At this house I dug an 1886 V nickel, a 1947 Rosie and a military button. Then we went to the house next door. Here, I dug a 1964 Rosie, a Shell Presidents Token and 3 wheats.

On the way home, we stopped in another town and tried one last house. This time I dug an 1899 Barber dime, 2 wheats and 2 buttons.. Hiloxyota had a good day as well, but thats his story to tell.

I also got a 1941 Merc after work on Friday.

wisconsin digger
11-01-2015, 10:00 PM
Great hunts. weird I found a FDR Token today as well but a different Manufacturer. '52 seems to be the popular year to lose for Franklins. Nice looking Barber as well. WD

Digger_O'Dell
11-01-2015, 10:37 PM
Some great finds you got, and a lot of variety! The dime trifecta is nice-the Barber looks to be in fantastic condition too! Congrats on getting the Franklin off your bucket list! :congrats:

'52 seems to be the popular year to lose for Franklins. WD-Guess I'm the oddball for finding a 1951? :shocked01:

Cheap Thrills
11-01-2015, 11:18 PM
A very productive day .:wow::congrats:

Full Metal Digger
11-02-2015, 11:37 AM
Great finds Don! The BF half is a good one too. Not many found since they weren't in production very long. The portrait on the FDR token doesn't look anything like FDR! But since it was made after he died I guess he didn't care too much. Best wishes and HH, Dave.

Isaac
11-02-2015, 11:42 AM
Nice Half and Zouave button!

Digger Don
11-02-2015, 04:24 PM
Nice Half and Zouave button!

Thanks for the ID on the button Isaac, I had no idea what it was.

OxShoeDrew
11-02-2015, 04:31 PM
Hey that ball button is in mighty fine shape....and the silvers are ridiculous....someday I hope to find a Franklin. Those Shell tokens sound great, I found one this year. May I say, that one doesn't look like FDR at all :lol: Great hunting Don, keep it up! I just scrolled up and didn't take it all in the first time...wow :notworthy:

aloldstuff
11-03-2015, 08:18 AM
WTG Don. Like Drew I also am in search of my 1st Franklin, :congrats:on yours. The ball button is so cool and of course all your silvers and a nice early V.

Tony Two-Cent
11-05-2015, 10:50 AM
Great bunch of finds, Don! :clapping:

Congrats on the bucket list Franklin Half! I have never found one. Good job! :thumbsup02:

That 1899 Barber Dime has nice details also. :yes:

:congrats: