PDA

View Full Version : Cool old relic found today , also ring #79

PL8MAN
07-20-2014, 02:28 PM
Got out this morning with my buddy Ryan and hunted a school that we have not hunted in quite some time . I found a large British penny once a few years ago at this school that dated from 1915 . Today was mainly clad and a few junk jewelery items including ring #79 for the year . The one cool item found was a +83 at 10 inches ! I was hoping for big old silver but it wasn't . As it turned out it is a keeper . Looks to be an old compact possible from the late 1800's :grin: ! It has a very ornate scrolling design on it . No other making on it . Total clad for 2 hours was $8.08 . :thumbsup01:
HH
Glen

coinnut
07-20-2014, 06:21 PM
That copper piece does look older than most of the ones I have dug. Does it have a section where the hinge would have gone? Also could have been a hand mirror backing too, if there is a section that could have had a handle attached. Congrats on ring #79

PL8MAN
07-20-2014, 06:26 PM
That copper piece does look older than most of the ones I have dug. Does it have a section where the hinge would have gone? Also could have been a hand mirror backing too, if there is a section that could have had a handle attached. Congrats on ring #79

The last picture shows the hinge . It looks older than the ones I have dug in the past also .
Glen

coinnut
07-20-2014, 06:28 PM
The last picture shows the hinge . It looks older than the ones I have dug in the past also .
Glen

Oh Yeah :lol: :embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrasse d: I think my contacts need contacts:shocked03:

Digger Don
07-20-2014, 06:47 PM
Thats a very cool find. Very ornate detail.
As for your ring total, WOW

Timewarpdigger
07-21-2014, 06:27 PM
Congrats for the finds, nice to find a variety of finds. Keeps it interesting. Safe & HH