PDA

View Full Version : Helping out a buddy

RobW
05-02-2013, 08:08 AM
A buddy of mine called me. he had lost his wedding ring somewhere in the back yard and asked if I could come over and FIND it for him. As we all know...there's no guarantees of finding...what seems to be a needle in a haystack.
I went over after work last night. I asked him what area of the yard he thought it might be in, so he 'kinda showed me. He went in to eat dinner, and I went to it. Al and I had detected his yard a bit before...it is TRASHY. But I knew what I would be looking for would be surface level. But the yard is full of pulltabs and bottle tops...and we all know gold likes to ring in at that level. >{

I mostly watched my depth guage, working the yard, then I ventured into the chicken coop area. signals EVERYWHERE. >:#
I actually went into the coop. There are nails all in the boards. Watching the meter, looking for dicrepencies in readings. Finally BAM! I brush back the hay and there it was.

He was still in eating dinner, so I helped myself to a beer in his fridge in his garage and sat outside waiting for him. He came out and I held up my finger with the ring. He was happy, but his wife was even happier.

aloldstuff
05-02-2013, 08:24 AM
WTG Rob, I know Aaron was very happy to have that ring back.

Tony Two-Cent
05-02-2013, 08:26 AM
Neat story with a happy ending! (Free beer.)

Oh yeah, it was neat that you found his ring too. thumbsup01

RaZR
05-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Neat story with a happy ending! (Free beer.)

Oh yeah, it was neat that you found his ring too. thumbsup01

And saved him from a beatin' too. :hysterical:

Rob L
05-03-2013, 07:40 PM
Great story. I'm pretty sure that you could have taken the whole six pack. Hopefully you got to have two.

OxShoeDrew
05-04-2013, 02:57 AM
Someone say beer? :grin: nice job working the trash.

POKIE73
05-04-2013, 05:29 AM
congrats on your save the ring and your buddys behind dennis :bananadance: :bananadance:

Lodge Scent
05-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Nice job!

CODY
05-11-2013, 08:04 AM
Great job and story. Beer is Good!