PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Hunts with HeavyMetalNut and my friend John* Got my 5th Copper of 2013

Thiltzy
03-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Saturday's hunt really sapped the energy from me, Dave already mentioned the swamp so I wont even bother with the details :white:usaflag::
I did manage a few relics but my friend John made the find the day with a 1780 Half reale. I was very happy for him considering all the swampy hiking we tortured him with. That was his first Reale so it made it even better |:cheering:

Today's hunt was a little bit more rewarding for Dave with his two coppers and needless to say, I managed to score a copper myself but unfortunately I will never be able to ID it :hairpulling:

All in all, it wasnt a bad day but there is still way too much snow in most spots. We will surely get back to this Salt Box homestead when the snow is gone.

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-03-2013, 08:34 PM
ya sure theres nothing on that copper? in the group finds pic it looks like i can see a line at the bottom like a KG or state copper where the date would be. do you see what i mean?
was a unforgetable weekend i must say :grin: thanks Todd for being a trooper. always fun detecting with you.
love that heavy duty suspender buckle too

Lodge Scent
03-04-2013, 08:07 AM
Nice hunt! Copper is good even if it is a mystery coin.

fsa46
03-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Nothing like a group hunt :grouphug: with friends and some very nice finds for the group.

I'll say one thing about Todd, he is genuinely happy :yes: when someone in the group makes a nice find, even if he does not.

aloldstuff
03-05-2013, 08:03 AM
Even a copper thats cooked is a good find. Sorry to hear about the trek thru the swamp. Congrats on even getting out. :perfect10:

del
03-05-2013, 05:53 PM
briar patches , jungles of mountain laurels , swamps , up and down steep hills or cliffs , 10 mile death hikes (in brand new boots lol lol) .oh the things we put ourselves through just to get to that detecting spot lol lol . Todd , your deffinately one of the selected few who call themselves a colonial relic hunter here in Connecticut :beerbuddy: . congrats on the copper and relics and give my congrats to your friend for the reale.

Dan

Thiltzy
03-05-2013, 06:16 PM
ya sure theres nothing on that copper? in the group finds pic it looks like i can see a line at the bottom like a KG or state copper where the date would be. do you see what i mean?

I was looking very hard in that area Dave. I thought I ciould see some faint numbers but it is fruitless \:[

Nice hunt! Copper is good even if it is a mystery coin.

Agreed

Nothing like a group hunt :grouphug: with friends and some very nice finds for the group.

I'll say one thing about Todd, he is genuinely happy :yes: when someone in the group makes a nice find, even if he does not.
I always say that it is so much more fun and rewarding when your hunting with good company :yes:

Todd , your deffinately one of the selected few who call themselves a colonial relic hunter here in Connecticut :beerbuddy: . congrats on the copper and relics and give my congrats to your friend for the reale.

Dan
I absolutlely love it Dan! I wish we could get a group hunt together with you involved..what are you waiting for:huh:
I must say that the people on this forum have helped me out in many ways in motivating me and educating me on Colonial relic Hunting especially Dave, Dan and Frank and that is in no particular order. Thanks guys :beerbuddy:

del
03-05-2013, 07:27 PM
hey Todd when you find a really smooth looking New England Disk and can't make out any details at all . take a scotch-bright pad or really fine snadpaper or even steel wool and hit it across the face of the coin .( keeping the same direction at all times) when you start to get down to the metal color you might be surprised at what you start to make out . i've positively identified about a half a dozen coppers this way that i had no idea what they were before.

Dan

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-05-2013, 10:24 PM
briar patches , jungles of mountain laurels , swamps , up and down steep hills or cliffs , 10 mile death hikes (in brand new boots lol lol) .oh the things we put ourselves through just to get to that detecting spot lol lol . Todd , your deffinately one of the selected few who call themselves a colonial relic hunter here in Connecticut :beerbuddy: . congrats on the copper and relics and give my congrats to your friend for the reale.

Dan

oh ya hadda bring up the 10 mile death hike <}

del
03-06-2013, 03:50 AM
oh ya hadda bring up the 10 mile death hike <}

oh yeah :bananadance:
it was that memorable Dave lol lol

OxShoeDrew
03-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Five coppers already!! Great start to the year :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: